New Tandem Club Group Rides – 11th March at 10:00am from Market Drayton, Shropshire
Viv & Andrew Woodroffe have organised the first ride for the Shropshire & Staffordshire (plus a bit of Cheshire) group.
The 30-mile circular ride will take place from Market Drayton (see details below) on Sunday 11th March at 10am and will visit Eccleshall for a lunch/snack stop. The route is undulating with some climbing but that is usual for this area. It is all on-road and will use mainly small country lanes with little traffic (though we may have to give way to the odd tractor!). Some of the roads will be muddy and/or potholed so caution may be required.
To ensure we don’t set off without anyone and we have enough space for the lunch stop, please let us know if you can make this ride by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Can you include your names and model of bike to help identify you? If your circumstances change on the day, please email, text or call to ensure we don’t hang around waiting for you unnecessarily. Note, don’t park on the Lidl or Homebase carparks you may be fined for exceeding the time limit, the pay and display car park (free on Sunday) is just in front of them.
- Start Location: Towers Lawn Car Park (in front of Lidl), Frogmore Road, Market Drayton, TF9 3AA
- Start Date/Time: 11th March 2018, 10am prompt (we will be at the car park from 9:30am)
- Toilets: Next to the car park
- Lunch: Fletcher’s Garden Centre Cafe, Bridge Farm, Stone Rd, Eccleshall, Stafford ST21 6JY
- Length of Ride: 30 miles
A few things to note about this and all future group rides:
- The ride will go ahead unless the weather is unsafe to ride so please dress appropriately for the forecast weather conditions.
- Whilst the rides will always be during daylight hours, please have lights available for any dark and gloomy days.
- Any mechanical assistance will be provided on a best endeavours basis depending on the experience of your fellow participants.
- Please ensure you have spare inner tubes.
- We will not leave anyone behind so please be prepared to wait patiently for any riders slower than yourselves, especially when going uphill.
- GPX files of the route will be provided in advance but you may need to convert them to your own GPS device
- It is not always possible to test out the routes in advance so be prepared for diversions in case of road closures etc
- We cannot guarantee the timing of each ride due to the varying nature of participants, roads and weather conditions.
- We will try to start each ride from a public car park with access to toilet facilities and will always include at least one stop for lunch or a snack.
- Participants can request a break at any time during the ride if they need a rest.
- As Tandem Club membership no longer includes 3rd party liability insurance we strongly recommend that you take out your own cover when riding in a group. Cycling UK or British Cycling membership includes this cover as standard.
- We are happy to include any friends/family you may wish to extend this invite to, they don’t have to be members of the Tandem Club or even be riding a tandem
We look forward to seeing you there.
Viv & Andrew Woodroffe
07948 685244 (Viv)
07981 269118 (Andrew)